||Virginia Community College System
||Architecture & Engineering
The Virginia Community College System (VCCS) is a group of experienced and highly motivated individuals in a community-friendly work environment supporting our important public service mission and our Strategic Plan, Complete 2021. We educate 225,000 credit students annually and over 150,000 non-credit students at 23 Community Colleges with over 40 campus locations. Our mission is to provide comprehensive higher education and workforce training programs and services of superior quality that are financially and geographically accessible and that meet the individual, business, and community needs of the Commonwealth. The VCCS aims to become a model institution for diversity and invites multicultural professionals from all backgrounds to contribute to its aspiration for building an inclusive community where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
To be considered, applicants must have:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major studies in architecture, engineering, construction management or a related field; or combination of relevant education and experience that provide the required level of knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the functions of the job requirements.
- Virginia Driver's License.
- Knowledge, skills and ability in the construction and maintenance of facilities to include Building Systems and associated sub-systems to include but not limited to electrical, mechanical, plumbing, structural, roofing systems, exterior envelope, interior walls, ceilings and floors.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to read and understand building plans.
- Skills using computer-aided technologies and applications for facilities assessments to include, but not limited to MS Word, Excel, MS Projects, MS Outlook, Adobe, and have the ability to be proficient in the use of the VFA Auditor software within 6 months from start of employment.
- Ability to read and understand as-built drawings and specifications
- Excellent organization, communication, collaboration, and customer service skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously is necessary.